Monday, February 09, 2004

5 cool things that happened to me today (and its not even lunchtime yet):

1. I saw shags and cormorants fishing in the Thames by Southwark Bridge.

2. I learned a new word, that's allowable in Scrabble: MZUNGUS (like an african version of gringo).

3. I picked up a copy of Arkitip 019, which has a cool cut-out-and-fold model of a Nike Air Safari, and bunch of photos from behind the scenes at One Bowerman Drive, Beaverton (Nike HQ) where they keep all the casts of athlete's feet. Like a Madam Tussaud's for foot fetishists.

4. My favourite sushi master (Tran Pham) of Pham Sushi greeted me in the street like an old friend. Hitherto I've been keeping Pham a secret. He used to be a sous-chef at Nobu. His sushi is absolutely the best, most innovative sushi in London, and at 1/4 of Nobu prices.

5. I found a market stall with a stack of deadstock vintage Nikes at way below eBay prices. This is so secret I'm not even going to hint at the address. Clever readers might be able to deduce my route home from work though and figure out which market it must be.



Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]