Tuesday, January 13, 2004

I am just finishing my fourth consecutive night shift. I feel like a big cat pacing in its cage. I am itching to escape and maul the keepers. My social calendar for this week includes: movie going to see American Splendour and Lost in Translation; Blak Twang live at Cargo; the return of the prodigal parents from South Africa; two birthday parties; Annie Morris's private view; and a whole lot of crazy drunken-ass crunking.

Mini-Research Day:
The Manhattan cult restaurant Shopsin's has some odd rules, including that you can't copy the order of the guy sitting next to you. I figured this was probably the inspiration for my favourite Seinfeld episode "The Soup Nazi". Anyway a minute's googling proved I was quite wrong. Al Yeganah was the original Soup Nazi, and it seems he wasn't too happy about the caricature.

This incredible page reminds me of the tumbling scripts at the start of the Matrix. It seems to be a giant compendium of Google search terms, aggregated and cross linked to collect massive Google juice. Scroll through it fast and it's like having the whole of the internet flash before your eyes. Pick through it slowly and it's a disturbing, yet fascinating insight into the pop-cultural collective psyche. (Warning: clicking through from that page is majorly NSFW).

Wiley Wiggins' blog is censored by the NHS Gestapo on the basis that it is "tasteless". He's the star of Waking Life, Richard Linklater's film about lucid dreaming. It's a much misunderstood movie, which I thoroughly recommend, not least because of great cameos from Steven Soderbergh, Speed Levitch, and Linklater himself (playing what I think is Bally's 1981 Fireball II Pinball.) Anyhow I am abandoning my precious blog for the night, I shall try to catch a few fragments of dreamless sleep before dawn.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]