Tuesday, January 06, 2004




Experiments in 60's Photography Volume 1

This is the first ever image produced with my new (1965) Edwin Land Polaroid Camera. As you can VERY CLEARLY see it's an image of the view from my balcony. I trawled up and down Tottenham Court Road trying to source the bizarre 3V battery required to fire the shutter. Finally in desperation I turned to Maplin, who sold me a convertor for normal AA batteries for 33.2p (It's a VAT thing.) The photo smells deliciously of toxic chemicals. Indeed the pack of film (also from 1965), comes with detailed advice on coping with alkali burns. This is definitely one Polaroid camera that should stay out of the bedroom.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]