Friday, January 16, 2004

Even a movie as brilliant as Lost In Translation gets some bad reviews. I thought it was electrifyingly good. Its deliciously bittersweet, all the more so for news of Spike and Sophia's pending divorce. I particularly liked Scarlett Johansson, I don't know how I overlooked her in Eight Legged Freaks and The Man Who Wasn't There.

The clear highlight of the movie for me were Bill Murray's sneakers. He wears mocha/curry/beach Nike hTM Wovens for much of the film. It doesn't seem to have pushed up prices on eBay yet, so I'll hang on to my pair. (For non-initiates hTM Nikes are released in runs of only 1500 worldwide. The initials stand for Hiroshi Fujiwara, Tinker Hatfield, and Mark Parker. Designer of Good Enough, and consultant to Nike; Nike Vice President, Design and Special Projects; Nike Brand President; respectively.)

My parents are finally back from holiday today. It's pathetic but my brother and I (aged 23 and 26) can hardly cope without them. I checked in on him yesterday and discovered he had had nothing to eat except chocolate biscuits since Tuesday. I myself have been reduced to wearing a pair of 1997 Batman Slipper Socks to work (complete with rubberised yellow tread). My brother has been working on the documentary "I met Osama Bin Laden." It hits Aussie TV this week, and will be on BBC 2 in February.

Other movies I am looking forward to? The Coen's remake of The Ladykillers. Stacy Peralta's documentary on the history of big wave surfing: Riding Giants. Oh and I guess grudgingly I have to accept that Episode III has me a little intrigued.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]