Monday, December 01, 2003

Someone has discovered a good way to deface the Starbucks mermaid logo so it reads "Fuck Off". (STARFUCKS COFFEE.) None-the-less today I broke my self imposed no-frappucino rule. I indulged in a post lunch venti-mocha. After 14 straight caffeineless days I was expecting a psychotropic revolution. As it happened I felt startingly alive for all of 10 minutes before settling back down to my usual autumnal funk.
Turning on morning TV on Sunday I came across a documentary titled "G-Girls". Ordinarily it would not have caught my eye, but I naturally assumed from the name it was another fly-on-the-wall documentary about strippers. Imagine my surprise when it turned out to be a behind the scenes look at Milan fashion week starring my old quiz mucker Jess Wood.
This takes the number of people who have become famous after meeting me to 7:

1 Sophie Dahl
2 Hugh Dancy
3 Trent Ford
4 Christian Coulson
5 Daisy de Villenuve
6 Conrad Shawcross
7 Jessica Wood

I exclude from this list all writers and journos, whose numbers are legion, but whose fame is scant. It is my observation that almost all those on the list have rather eschewed me as a friend, somewhat putting paid to claims that "fame won't change me a bit". On the other hand almost all who gained celebrity before meeting me (Clooney excepted), have turned out to be the kind of idiotically gregarious starfuckers who submit to Gawker Stalker.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]