Sunday, December 07, 2003

I spent Saturday afternoon at the opening of the Vans store in Kingly Court. There was a miniramp, and some skaters and bikers pulling mostly little stuff. One dude was nailing tail whips to nosepick, making it look easy. The interior of the store is sweet, v conducive to shoe purchasing. They were auctioning off 50 pairs of celebrity customised kicks. I kinda wanted the Geoff Rowleys, which Geoff had customised by spraying all over with red spray paint. Vans have some fantastic new action figures, similar to Michael Lau's Crazy Children but instead of snowboarders they are blood spattered surfers. I shall hunt down a URL shortly.
I hooked up with my most wanted kicks though. The Geoff McFetridge designed Unstoppable Champion Vandal finally arrived in London. Katy now has one of only 108 pairs in the UK (500 worldwide) stashed at her flat, and I can't get customising until christmas.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]