Sunday, November 30, 2003

Wow Detroit Bar sure sneaked in under the radar. The whole place rocks. Its a basement bar, but instead of being on a regular rectangle based plan its a jumble of higgledy piggledy tunnels and semi private booths. N o live DJ tonight, but great drinks as you expect from Dick Bradsell. Reminds me of the Jabba's palace scenes from ROTJ. The assembled crowd included Phil Penn who was spreading a rumour that Nixta might be becoming even more transatlantic (than when he eats french toast).
The other party event was a little reception at Cartwright Towers followed by nibbles at Song Que. My hot tips for Kingsland Vietnamese din ing are: 1. Sugar cane wrapped in prawn paste. 2. Soft shell crabs. 3. Fresh rolls. 4. Vietnamese pancakes. 5. Tripe pho. And I also would like to point you toward Hue Beer, rather than the traditional Tiger.
I utterly failed to get my shit together to go celebrate with Gorgeous G, for this I apologise.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]